Home-Cooked Meals for the Work-Bound Person
Whether you’re working from home or in the office, finding time to make delicious and nutritious meals is a challenge most of us share. Eating out can be expensive, but finding the time to make a home-cooked meal is sometimes more rare than gold. Is being a savvy spender and a nutritious eater a toss up? The Common Desk staff and members don’t think so. I asked our staff and members for their favorite recipes that are both easy and craveable. Check out our fan favorites that are sure to find their way into your work week meal schedule.
1. Mom’s Famous Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – Start your day with this classic loaf. Perfect for those who never can eat all the bananas before they go bad, this bread only calls for a slim list of ingredients. Plus, who doesn’t love an excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast?
2. Make-Ahead Egg and Potato Breakfast Bowls – Looking to get into meal prepping? This recipe is great for those on the go. Enjoy eggs, potatoes, and cheesy toppings every morning. Make them on the weekend to enjoy all week!
3. Vanilla Almond Homemade Granola – If you want a meal you make once but eat multiple times, granola is your go-to option. Bake all of the ingredients in the oven and store in a dry place. One baking session will last you all week!
1. Thai Chicken Coconut Soup – This lightweight soup is perfect for warmer weather. Expand your taste buds to include a new Thai favorite without slaving all day in the kitchen. Add all the ingredients to a single pot and enjoy!
2. Corn Cauliflower Tacos – These tacos are a vegetarian favorite. Roast up some cauliflower; you don’t need meat or beans for explosive flavor! This recipe is a certified crowd pleaser for every eater.
3. Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese – One thing’s for sure, this isn’t your old-school grilled cheese recipe. Spice up a classic sandwich that you already love by combining it with the ingredients to make a jalapeño popper.
1. Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Pasta Salad – Enjoy a fresh twist on a classic pasta salad. This recipe is best made with fresh ingredients you’re sure to find at your local grocer. It’s customizable, too, and is still delicious no matter what ingredients you add in or remove.
2. Salsa Verde Shredded Beef Bowls – Can’t get enough Tex-Mex? Me either. Using cauliflower rice as a substitute, you can still enjoy a culinary staple without the carbs. Pour on the salsa and add an extra lime for added flavor!
3. The Best Weeknight Pantry Pasta – Spice up tired pasta recipes with ingredients you probably already have right in your pantry. This combination of pasta, fresh vegetables, and Italian sausage creates a delicious meal that doesn’t take hours to make. Watch the master at work and learn how to make the dish yourself!
1. No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Bars – What meal is complete without dessert? Now even those on a strict diet can enjoy a little added sugar. This recipe is keto, paleo, and low carb. Enjoy without guilt!
2. Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake – Strawberries are in season, so this dessert is perfect for Spring. Something utilizing a store-bought cake mix isn’t necessarily a bad thing; not having to bake everything from scratch saves time and doesn’t always have to sacrifice flavor.
3. Watermelon Margarita Popsicles – This dessert is for the adults! It’s naturally sweet with fruit juices and can be customized with your personal favorite flavors. Oh, and did I mention tequila?
Eating well and working well go hand in hand, and our staff and members are pros at both. This list includes dietary specific meals so that no one will be left out on the fun. If you want to spice up your work week, consider preparing these crowd pleasing meals for maximum flavor and fuel! And if you’ve got a go-to recipe that you think the world should know about, shoot it over so we can add it to the list!