Common Desk is in search of a Community Manager for our soon-to-open Wilmington, North Carolina location. The Community Manager is responsible for the success of their respective location—this includes sales and budget forecasting, occupancy levels, member satisfaction, and the look and feel of the space. They report to and engage with their designated Property Manager regularly, identifying room for growth and goal setting to ensure they meet quarterly occupancy objectives. While their focus is primarily on maximizing sales and revenue, leading their location’s Hospitality and Facilities Associates and fostering teamwork is essential. Proactive, flexible, efficient, and task-focused, Community Managers at Common Desk have an uncanny ability to multitask, yet still perform every assignment with immaculate precision, making sure things are completed right and on time.
Additionally, our Community Managers are naturally effective, emotionally intelligent communicators and are intentional about building relationships, the key to our continued success with both members and guests alike. They handle difficult situations in a tactful, but firm manner, using sound judgement in decision making. From conducting tours and crafting proposals for prospective tenants to handling budgets and the like, the Community Manager is a self-disciplined problem-solver who is eager to go the extra mile for the entrepreneurs, business owners, and freelancers investing in the space.
- Proficient in accounting and budgeting tools, with the ability to craft projections.
- Responsible for understanding and meeting budget expectations.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with members, vendors and landlord partners.
- Resolve property management issues.
- Ensure adherence to Common Desk best practices, as well as building policies and procedures.
- Generate leads and conduct tours to work towards maximum occupancy.
- Manage all building operations and communicate with market support, the Property Manager and VP of Operations, to ensure member satisfaction.
- Foster and maintain personal contact with all members, managing member satisfaction and retention.
- Manage monthly financial performance and conduct monthly billing.
- Solve day-to-day issues to ensure a cohesive community.
- Mindfully manage the location’s budget in tandem with the Property Manager and VP of Operations.
- Create and manage the space’s inventory and supplies list alongside the Facilities Associate, anticipating ordering needs.
- Oversee events created by the Hospitality Associate.
- Managing building KPIs, reporting on ongoing efforts to the Property Manager and Operations team.
- Ensure Hospitality Associates are successfully conducting New Member Orientation, sharing information with members, including but not limited to membership agreement and monthly billing process.
- Manage and maintain relationships with vendors and landlords.
- Illustrate Common Desk’s values of authenticity, consistency, and hospitality, and strive to achieve our mission of enhancing every workday with your building’s Location Staff.
- Engage in the larger community by attending events and networking with local start-ups and different real estate organizations such as NTCAR and BOMA.
- Supervise move-ins and move-outs of members for a quality experience.
- 1-3 years of hotel, retail, or supervisory/management experience preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and stay on task requiring little supervision.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Track record of relationship building with confidence in networking.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Innovative strategic thinker.
- Computer proficient, must have capability to quickly adapt and navigate through programs including but not limited to Google Suite.
- Paid Time Off
- Half Day Fridays
- 75% Employer-Covered Benefits with UHC Health Insurance, Dental, and Vision Options
- Monthly Mobile Phone Reimbursement of $75
- 50% off at Fiction Coffee
- Optional 401K