Common Desk is seeking a content-oriented Marketing Intern who has a knack for writing quality copy, a passion for upholding brand voice and personality, and an interest in learning more about social media management and email marketing. The Marketing Interns at Common Desk are quick learners, willing helpers, and energetic achievers who have a passion for advancing a brand through both digital and traditional channels of marketing. At Common Desk, they work to support the Marketing Department by helping with a new location launch process, writing creative and strategic content for blogs and social, and advancing the brand’s mission through projects big and small. This person is driven by working for a brand that values out-of-the-box ideas, hard work, and making the world’s workday look a little less mundane. Our Marketing Interns are doers who have a can-do attitude, willing to learn new facets of marketing to get the job done, and always eager to help anyone on the team be successful, because team success is an individual success here at Common Desk. When it comes down to it, our Marketing Interns want to do a little bit of anything and learn a lot about everything—and that’s why they love the ever-changing world of marketing.
The Marketing Interns at Common Desk work with and report to the Head of Marketing within Common Desk’s Marketing Department, relaying up-to-date information pertaining to their objectives, tasks, and initiatives on the work they oversee. This position is part-time, working on average 25-30 hours per week at an hourly wage of $15.00 an hour.
- Write long-form copy for Common Desk’s blog, as well as assist in copy creation across projects with landlord partners and launching spaces.
- Write short-form copy for social media platforms, aiding in managing social accounts for Common Desk and assisting in content management for partnered brands.
- Create and send weekly email marketing campaigns to prospective members of multiple launching and newly-opened Common Desk locations.
- Build brand partnerships and local awareness for new Common Desk spaces.
- Assist with the launch process of marketing a new Common Desk space where needed.
- Pitch out-of-the-box content ideas for the above channels, always searching for engaging copy opportunities, then chasing the details and storylines needed to create them.
- Maintain the cadence of Common Desk’s content calendar.
- Assist in designing and ordering marketing materials.
- You will have the ability to break a few rules, think out of the box, and put ideas into action.
- You will be creative, always bringing new ideas to the table that increase brand awareness and drive foot traffic to the coworking spaces in your market.
- You will be a self-starter, dependable, and solutions-focused.
- You will have the ability to multitask several activities and duties.
- You will be flexible and open to new and innovative solutions.
- You will communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments on campaigns in motion and initiatives being done.
- You will be willing to adjust course when presented with appropriate new ideas or objectives.
- You will uphold company values.
- You will work strategically and make decisions with confidence and tact.
- You will have a passion and commitment to the business.
- You will operate with understanding, active listening, patience, empathy, and kindness to the general public, Common Desk members, and Common Desk staff alike.
- You will aid in the creation of a collaborative, authentic environment amongst our members through events, networking, and personal introductions.
- You will learn the Common Desk brand tone of voice, by way of hearing stories told by various staff and members, reading blog posts, asking questions, and defining what you perceive then adding that to who we are. You will strive to stay within the lane of what we call “on-brand” in order to set an example for how to speak, design, or communicate as Common Desk for others and to create brand consistency on all fronts.
- You will tie everything you do back to our brand mission and vision.
- You will be a forever student, always taking time to learn more about your craft, then sharing that knowledge with the team so we can grow and learn alongside you.
- You will be everyone’s biggest cheerleader. The marketing department wants to celebrate everyone’s successes, everyone’s goals, and everyone’s general love for what they do. You will be the first to encourage someone or cheer someone on when they need it.
- You will set weekly goals and priorities to help yourself accomplish your work at hand.
- You will attack any task, big or small, with a sense of urgency.
- You will be resourceful, knowing how to make any idea come to life, sometimes using limited resources, in order to build our brand.
Success Looks Like:
- Writing and producing quality, captivating, brand-building content–no matter the channel.
- Showing a willingness to learn new skills and assist when needed.
- Being the ultimate team player.
- Maintaining a healthy social media presence with the social accounts entrusted to you.
- Working to bring ideas to life to keep the Common Desk brand ahead of the curve.
- Handling ambiguity and tough decision-making with tact, shifting priorities when needed.
- Working creatively and collaboratively with the marketing department to accomplish goals and tasks at hand, making suggestions related to your areas of focus.