Common Desk – Fort Worth Is Officially Open!
As of Monday, October 9, 2017, Common Desk’s very first Fort Worth coworking space and fourth location to date is OPEN, and we couldn’t be more excited to finally get to call the City of Fort Worth our newest office home.
We’ve always loved and admired Fort Worth because of its connectedness, strong sense of local culture, heartbeat for small business, and just all-around funkiness. Because of the nature of the Common Desk culture and the aesthetics that we stand for, we knew it would only be a matter of time before our similar vibes ended up together. We chose our 2833 Crockett Street space because it’s right in the heart of Fort Worth’s bustling West 7th District, has plenty of local eats, shops, and bars right around it, and it’s really walkable/bikeable, with great living spaces all around. All of these factors are things that we look for when moving into a new neighborhood, and West 7th checked all the boxes.
In our 5 years of coworking, Common Desk has always somehow struck gold when it comes to members. Since opening day of our first coworking space in Deep Ellum way back when, we’ve had a diverse community in everything from age to profession to race and everything in between, and our Fort Worth coworking space is no exception. Our member community here is already comprised of such a diverse crew; we’ve got folks in the oil and gas industry, a crew that’s changing the way small businesses approach accounting, a digital marketing expert, internet and phone service providers, energy specialists, protection and awareness trainers, and creative photographers.
We began construction in May, and by July, we were giving hard hat tours to potential members and gaining community through the interest of so many great people in the Fort Worth area. We had a core group of members by the time we officially opened our doors for the public on 10/9, and these members couldn’t be any more of an ideal foundation for our first Fort Worth community!
When it comes down to it, our brand and spaces would be nothing without our members. Their diversity, resilience, work ethics, and all-around amazing personalities make our spaces come alive with an energy that’s undeniable, and our favorite part about opening a new space is watching this energy be built from the ground up by the people who walk in our doors and decide to make our coworking spaces their office home.
On top of having unmatched members, we also have an unmatched staff. Our Fort Worth Community Manager, Scott, was born and raised in Fort Worth, and his heart for the city overflows into his heart for the members in our Fort Worth space. He’s as hard-working and genuine as they come, and he can solve a problem faster than you can say ‘Cowtown.’ We also have an amazing host, Becca, who makes sure that every single person who walks into Common Desk – Fort Worth’s doors feels welcomed and taken care of. She can handle tasks better than most machines, and she always does so with a smile on her face.
So now that we’ve boasted about how awesome our community and staff are (sorry, we just love them!), let’s get down to the fun specs of the space–
Common Desk – Fort Worth Features:
- 13,000 square feet of creative office space
- 75 shared desks, including booth areas, lounge areas, coffee shop-style seating, and long desks
- 110 custom-built dedicated desks, including lockable filing cabinets and desk chairs / lamps
- 25 private offices, including plenty of legroom, tall ceilings, insulated drywall for noise reduction, personal lock and key per office, desks/chairs/filing cabinets, and the ability to customize to your business’ style. Our offices range in size from two-person all the way up to six-person in size.
- 5 conference rooms, including TVs, whiteboards, Apple TVs, HDMI hookups, and art installations unique to every room. All memberships come with unlimited conference room usage, but these are also rentable to the general public for an hourly rate.
- 5 chat rooms for taking private phone calls, no reservation required
- 1 hospitality bar, equipped with bottomless, locally-roasted coffee, bar seating, beer on tap, light snacks, drinks, and breakfast items
- Shared bikes for members to use at their convenience to get around the neighborhood
- High-speed wifi
- Shared kitchen area, with long high-top dinner tables for community events
- Free Red Bull, KIND bars, and fruit
- 8 custom art installations done by local artists
- Free parking for all members
- Weekly community events
- And so. much. More.
When we approach designing a new space and its amenities, we draw inspiration from the personality of the city/neighborhood we’re moving into, the flare of the city’s culture, the lessons learned from past spaces, and from the overall Common Desk aesthetics; the end product is always completely unique, while still representing the Common Desk vibe across the board. That being said, every single square inch of Common Desk – Fort Worth was thoroughly thought out, designed, fabricated, and built, and it’s all thanks to the unbelievable team of masterminds over at 44 Build.
We’ve only been open for a week now, but we’ve already loved every single second of our time in Fort Worth. We can’t wait to continue growing roots in Funkytown, and we’re even more excited to see all of the friendships, partnerships, business growth, impromptu happy hours, laughs, and good times that are sure to come.