Born and raised in Deep Ellum in 2012, Common Desk now owns multiple locations, concepts, and brands all focused on enhancing the workday for everyone. We like to call it Offspitality, which ultimately provides the guests and tenants in office buildings with an authentic and memorable experience at work. From coffee to fitness to flexible workspace, the Common Desk staff thrive by helping businesses to grow easily, decrease the stress of work, and increase their productivity. We believe everyone should enjoy where they work, and our staff, no matter the job title, do all that they can to make every day at the office a noteworthy one.
Common Desk seeks a project manager with at least five years of experience whose main focus will be on the space planning and design direction of all Common Desk spaces. The Project Manager will aid in the creation of vibrant coworking environments, collaborative spaces, and special projects ranging from coffee shops to fitness studios. Our rapid project schedule requires organization, tenacity, and the ability to work well with others. Periodic travel may be required.
- Collaborate with CEO to define and maintain an on-brand project aesthetic appropriate to the market, neighborhood, and program.
- Collaborate with team to revise CAD space plans
- Ability to develop in-house elevation drawings
- Ensure project budgets are being met through the use and understanding of value engineering
- Ensure project timelines are being met utilizing your organization skills and tenacity to do “whatever it takes”
- Collaborate with Brand Manager to insure project design intent follows Common Desk brand standards and best practices.
- Identify and select products and vendors that meet brand standards.
- Hire / manage buyers and makers for FF&E sourcing to generate and manage FF&E project schedules and track FF&E supply chain (lead times, quantities, finishes).
- Substantial involvement during Documentation and Pre-construction/Bidding to convey design intent and finalize selection of products and vendors.
- Substantial involvement during Staging and Closeout Stages to insure design intent is maintained through project installation.
- Practical experience in high-end Hospitality, Residential, Commercial and/or Retail Interior Design and space planning
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a 'can do' attitude
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- High level of comfort working with project schedules (timelines, quantities, prices, SKUs, etc.)
- Proficient in the following programs: MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SKETCHUP, Rhino and Revit AutoCad
- Expertise in space planning (5,000 hours in AutoCad) and proficient in building codes
- AS or BA Degree required, with a major in Interior Design or Architecture
- Minimum 5 years of experience
You’ll be based in Deep Ellum, but you’ll have the ability to work out of our multiple Common Desk locations throughout Dallas / Fort Worth. We promote a hyper flexible working environment, so it will also be acceptable for you to work at any of our Fiction Coffee locations, at home, or anywhere else you can find good wifi. From time to time, you might be expected to travel to check out inspirational projects and new Common Desk locations. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
Supervises: All outsourced interior design roles and construction teams.
Other things you probably want to know:
- Full-time, salaried position
- Unlimited vacation days
- 75% of all health insurance coverage
- Monthly stipend for phone bill