Interior Designer / Space Planner
Common Desk is seeking an interior designer with at least three years of experience whose main focus will be on the space planning of all Common Desk spaces. The Interior Designer will aid in the creation of vibrant coworking environments, collaborative spaces, and special projects ranging from coffee shops to fitness studios. Our rapid project schedule requires organization, tenacity, and the ability to work well with others. Periodic travel may be required.
- Collaborate with the design and real estate team to define and maintain an on-brand project aesthetic appropriate to the market, neighborhood, and program.
- Collaborate with team to develop CAD space plans and elevation drawings.
- Collaborate with Head of Brand Management to insure project design intent follows Common Desk brand standards and best practices.
- Identify and select products and vendors that meet brand standards.
- Practical experience in corporate interiors space planning
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a 'can do' attitude
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- High level of comfort working with project schedules (timelines, quantities, prices, SKUs, etc.)
- Proficient in the following programs: MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Revit and AutoCad
- Expertise in space planning (5,000 hours in AutoCad)
- Proficient in office building codes
- Minimum 3 years of experience